Saturday, June 21, 2008

WHEN OUR SHIP COMES IN

We are very excited now that we have our visas to stay in the country. All our belongings that we left behind in Australia to be shipped over have been waiting for this moment. We were led to believe that they would not be far behind us, but when we entered the country we found that there was a lot more that was involved that we were not informed of. So, until we had our visas our belongings had to sit in boxes on the docks back home.

"We will have it when the boat gets here" became the catchcry of our household. As a result of this, our boys were just as excited as we were to get visas. They have waited so patiently for their belongings. Truth be told, however, I have spent 6 months getting by with bare minimums only to discover that all the things that I thought would be essential do not seem so essential anymore. I think if I could go back and pack again, there would have been a lot more things in our garage sales.

However, there are still some things we will be very excited to see. So today, I thought I'd give you a glimpse at our priorities by letting you know the top 5 things each person in our house is waiting for.

JAYMON'S TOP 5
1) My Buzz Lightyear Blanket
2) My red torch that looks like a bird
3) My remote control car
4) My scale electrics racing cars
5) Woody

BRENTON'S TOP 5
1) My remote control car
2) My toy dog
3) Uno
4) My scale electrics racing cars
5) Buzz Lightyear and Zurg

DARREN'S TOP 5
1) My tools
2) Television
3) Books
4) The kid's toys (so they can get out of my hair!)
5) Settlers (All the groupies will understand)

HAYLEY'S TOP 5
1) My cook books (so that dinner can have more variety than the same seven meals each week)
2) My kitchen stuff (for the same reason as above and so I can cook biscuits for the people in my neighbourhood)
3) Tweezers (enough said!)
4) My boxing bag
5) My art stuff

Come on boat, full speed ahead!

No comments: