Friday, May 16, 2008

FEELING SENSUAL

So, a provocative title caught your attention, did it? Hmmm! Today we thought we would share how Sri Lanka has appealed to our senses. To give a balanced picture, we will complete this post together.

MY FAVOURITE SRI LANKAN SIGHT
Darren: I don't mind watching the chipmunks, I guess.
Hayley: I love watching the fireflies from my balcony. Little magical creatures dancing in the treetops under the diamond stars and the crescent moon.

MY FAVOURITE SRI LANKAN SMELL
Darren: There isn't one
Hayley: I love the cooking smells that waft from my neighbour's house into my lounge room at meal times. Granted, I probably wouldn't enjoy the taste (I really don't go the spicy food) the smell is delicious. Makes me have cravings for chicken and vegetable soup.

MY FAVOURITE SRI LANKAN SOUND
Darren: Thunderstorms. Also the sound of a woodpecker is pretty cool.
Hayley: I like the sound of music coming from neighbouring houses in the still of the evening. It is the sound of people enjoying themselves. That being said, I'm not so keen on it at 2am! I also enjoy listening to groups of young men who gather on the beach in the cool of the evening to play their traditional drums and sing.

MY FAVOURITE SRI LANKAN TASTE
Darren: Mangoes.
Hayley: Pineapple - no question!

MY FAVOURITE SRI LANKAN FEELING
Darren: I don't have feelings!
Hayley: Porcupine quills are pretty cool. Oh, or how about diving into a cool pool after a hot, sweaty day. I know, the change in weather that comes when rain is about to break the heat.

Hmmm . . . notice a difference in the male and female perspective? I think it's all in the number of words used!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mcquades,
I saw an article about you in the Australian impact. Im Sri Lankan myself and looking at all ur blogs makes me homesick! I do believe (very strongly that Sri Lankan pineapples are better than Queensland ones! yay Hayley!)
Im even more excited about the work you do there. God knows that Sri Lanka needs more people like you. I will be praying for you... Is there anything in particular you want me to pray for?

God Bless!
Natasha